Saturday, July 28, 2012

You You You

You're almost six months old my little love, and the action has been non-stop. Just a few thoughts to remember this time...


 People have told us you look like Maya Rudolph. And Michael Fassbender.



Friends and family comment that you are so "mellow, sweet, chill, relaxed...what a good baby!" Well, even if you were a 'bad' baby I would love you to pieces, but I'm so happy you are who you are. Thank you for choosing us, and blessing us with your sweet soul.


You love being tickled. On your back, chest, arm pits, ham-hock thighs and neck. Your laugh is a half-grunt, quarter-cry, quarter-laugh, spurted out of a gummy grin. You smile with your whole body. You laugh with your whole body, too.




 Your favorite sound to make is what we call dragon's breath. You growl low, like a dragon, and it tickles us silly.

Yesterday you sliced your hemangioma open on the netting of your play yard, affectionately known as your "He-Man" on your "baby jail." It bled a lot, and it was a little scary, but you never made a peep. Man, you are a brave one!




Today you sucked on a carrot and a deliciously sweet yellow bell pepper from the makings of our lunch. You made "this is yucky" faces as you jammed both carrot and pepper into your mouth. Then shared the carrot with your big sister. Good job sharing, Phee.










Months ago our days consisted of cuddling, snuggling, eating, sleeping and repeating. Now, you want to play, roll over, scooch, suck on every toy and non-toy in sight, play some more, eat long enough to get a few sips of milk and go back to this world that excites you so much. You coo, squeal, squeak and scream when you get excited. You like to look at the leaves and trees outside. Violet intrigues you! You love petting her, pulling on her fur, that is. She is patient with your tugs. Your Dad cannot wait to fasten a saddle for you to ride Violet. Ha!


When you see me you light up, and I've never felt such a connected, deep, luminous love in my heart. You smile when I smile at you, even when you're upset. It's as if we have some silent inside joke that is triggered by eye contact.









I think it's at least once a day that I hear  your father say: "Hey kid, we made you! I can't believe it." or "Lady, can you believe this kid?!" You have blown your father away with your presence and he is still pinching himself. He loves you madly.


You are a good sleeper, even though I'm a very tired mama. You still sleep in the bed with us, and you love to cuddle with me, your legs tucked up into my belly. You swing your arm out behind you while you nurse, and often fall asleep that way, looking Michael Jackson-esque. More often that not when I peek in on you napping with your Dad you are both positioned the exact same way. It makes my heart melt.








We are trying to move into a new house soon, and you will probably move to your own sleeping space. It is bittersweet for me because I will miss your heater-body and your sweet, puffy sleeping face, second only to my favorite smiling face. But, I've got to let you blossom and bloom, and that means you sleeping in your own room!

Next week we are going to the Dominican Republic, and I'm so excited to take you swimming in the beautiful Caribbean waters. And get the first stamp on your passport!

Your spirit teaches me such a profound patience and gives me a sweet, simple joy that I am so grateful for.

Thank you Phoenix, for lighting up our lives with love!



No comments:

Post a Comment